Monday 9 June 2014

The slow start to a career in crochet!

1 month ago today I took those first steps out into the big world of selling my crochet items. It was scary, and still is but I am starting to get used to the idea of creating items and setting them free. I set up a store on Folksy, tried to take some artistic photos and hoped for the best! 

It was only 4 years ago that I learned how to crochet, I had spoken with a woman who made crochet hats for premature babies. I remember being so inspired by her, by the crochet process and by the impact of these tiny little hats. 

I set about learning to crochet from videos on-line, after about 2 days of trying to master the tension (anyone who knows crochet can feel my pain here!) I quit! It was so frustrating trying to manage so many delicate actions all at once, but thankfully I stuck it out and slowly but surely I got the hang of it and I haven't looked back since!

After 4 years of making items for family, friends and charity I decided to try my hand at selling my stuff on-line. I love being creative and coming up with new ideas, I am hoping that my enthusiasm comes through to the people buying my stuff. So I hope you keeping coming by to check in on my blog for more crochet and cat inspired posts!
The is the Angry Cat Himself- Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment